Welcome to 2020 and a new decade of travel to look forward to! On this dull and cloudy January 1st day, the feature picture is a reminder that Spring is not too far away 🙂
After our incredible year of pretty much non-stop travel throughout 2016 we returned to work in January 2017 and have since fitted all of our adventures into annual leave and weekends.
Looking ahead to 2020, at the moment between us we have 3 trips booked:
- Jan: Laura will be off on a mini solo adventure in Israel
- Feb: we’re heading to Porto for a long weekend
- May: trekking the last 100 miles of the Via Francigena, the road to Rome!
Other ideas for 2020 include:
- Hiking the Pembrokeshire coast?
- A trip to the Azores? (We thought about this last year but didn’t get there…)
I found this quote on the Internet so here are some future motivational travel ideas for the next decade:
- Neither of us have been to India and with it being such a vast country it’s difficult to know where to start! A 3 month extravaganza would be good but broken down into ‘annual leave’ size chunks we could look at a number of smaller separate trips to include Kerala in the south, Delhi and the ‘Golden Triangle‘ and the spiritual northern mountains of India.
- Explore the Central Asian Silk Road countries: Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
- More of South America particularly Ecuador as we didn’t get there in 2016.
- Canada and the Rockies; a road trip and some trekking.
- Having been to the Yucatan peninsula twice it would be great to see much more of the classic Mexico taking in Mexico City, Oaxaca, San Cristobal and Palenque.
- More of Africa maybe over-landing through: Zambia, Malawi and Tanzania.
- Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan look interesting with mountains to climb and ancient cities to explore.
Of course, nothing is certain in life and things can change in an instant. We are grateful for the adventures we’ve been fortunate to have experienced and we try never to take anything for granted. Hopefully we’ll turn some of these ideas into reality and will continue producing our travel blog posts throughout 2020 and beyond.
We’re also conscious of the impact to the environment so will look for ways of making our travel as ethical and sustainable as possible.
Happy 2020 and safe travels 🙂